Download voter registration form
To register to vote in Connecticut you must
- be a U.S. Citizen
- be a resident of a Connecticut town
- be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election
- have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony and have had your voting rights restored by Registrar
General Election Registration Deadlines:
Based on today's statutory requirements, you must be registered at least 7 days before a general November Election. You may register from 9 AM to 5 PM the day before any Election if you turn 18, become a US citizen, or have just moved into the town after the 7 day deadline.
- If you missed a deadline, you may register to vote and vote during Election Day Registration held at City Hall from 6AM till 8PM.
- If you are a new voter or joining a party from an unaffiliated status:
- Your application must be postmarked by the 5th day before a Primary (OR received by your Registrar of Voters or a voter registration agency by the 5th day before a primary).
- You also can apply in person to any Registrar of Voters Office until 12 Noon on the last business day before a Primary.
- If you are in One Major party and want to join another major party: It is a 90 day waiting time until your rights have matured.
- There is no Election Day Registration and voting during a Primary Election.